Monday, October 26, 2009

Rider Profiles: May Woo

May's the smallest person on our team, but casts maybe the biggest shadow. After being forced to struggle along with a kids' bike last year, she's on bike that's actually designed for adults! Well, one adult, anyway: May Woo. May's also been chronicling some of the team's (mis)adventures in video, which we'll be featuring on the site.

1. Name:
May Woo

2. What do you do for a living?
user interface & interaction design (my mom doesn't know what this is either)


3. What category or categories do you race in? How long have you been racing?
I started racing cyclocross last year and MTB this summer. I'd never raced before then. I didn't even know what a full-suspension bike was until last year.

I'll be in Women's Bs this year for cyclocross and Sport next year for mountain biking.


4. What's your best bike accomplishment, or the one you're most proud of?
hmmm...still working on that one. I'd like to bunny-hop something bigger than a twig one day in a race! I totally love this video of Danny MacAskill for Inspired Bicycles. I don't ever hope to do what he does, but I figure if he can do backflips off a tree, I can at least aim for something bigger than a twig, right? :-)

5. What should people yell at you to make you go faster?
go go go!!! she's ON YOUR TAIL!!!

6. What's your favorite post-race beverage.
Ice cream! okay that's not a beverage but I always feel like I deserve ice cream after a race. I like ginger beer and root beer too.

7. What else should your fans know about you?
I'm always happy if I do better in a race than before. My actual placement (first, last, or somewhere in between) doesn't matter as long as I'm getting better! Even if I didn't do better (we all have bad days), I'm happy if I pushed myself harder than I normally would because that can only mean I'll *eventually* get better.

IMG_9868

No comments: