Thursday, October 1, 2009

Rider Profiles: Jenny Oh

Jenny's new to our team, but is a legend in Bay Area cycling circles. We're really pleased to have her with us this year.

2008-04-12 805 a sprints.jpg
(Photo by Flickr user mnorri)

1. Name:
Jenny Oh

2. What do you do for a living?
Interactive Associate Producer on KQED's QUEST - a multimedia series that explores Northern California science, environment and nature.


3. What category or categories do you race in? How long have you been racing?
This is the first season that I'll be officially racing cross! I'm a recent transplant to the Bay Area and moved here from New York City about 3 years ago. My first foray into racing was track racing at the Hellyer Velodrome in San Jose, California over 2 years ago. I'd only heard of cyclocross upon moving here, and I'd never thought I'd join the ranks of racing around on dirt, jumping over barriers, running up hills , and hopping off and on my bike; it's quite different from the NASCAR-like scenario of the track. I'll be racing with the B's women this year and hopefully my injuries will be minor and my stories will be epic!

4. What's your best bike accomplishment, or the one you're most proud of?
I'm most proud of taking my cycling passion to the next level by being competitive at a local level. It's a fantastic community here and I'm looking forward to having fun and pushing my own personal limits! Also, winning a special award for riding around in an oversized Hello Kitty outfit at this year's final DFL race was pretty sweet.

5. What should people yell at you to make you go faster?
They're gaining on you!

6. What's your favorite post-race beverage?
Water followed by whiskey.


7. What else should your fans know about you?
I love bacon hand-ups.

No comments: