Thursday, October 1, 2009

Rider Profiles: Kathryn Aaker

mud kisses
(photo by May Woo)

Another in our series of rider profiles. Kathryn's one of the original Moonies and stepped up onto the B women's podium last year.

1. Name:
Kathryn "Squishy" Aaker

2. What do you do for a living:
Self-employed nerd.

3. What category or categories do you race in? How long have you been racing?
This is my 3rd year racing anything, ever. I'm hoping I can stick around in Women's Bs for a bit longer. I'm pretty happy hovering on the lower steps of a podium; it's just the right balance between a bit of glory and lack of pressure!

4. What's your best bike accomplishment, or the one you're most proud of?
I was pretty happy to ride the SSCXWC on a townie bike. The bell definitely came in handy, as did the whiskey flask.

5. What should people yell at you to make you go faster?
"Last lap!" (I lose count after the 2nd lap, so it's encouraging to hear that it's almost over, even if it's a lie.)

6. What's your favorite post-race beverage.
Fox Craft Hard Cider

7. What else should your fans know about you?
Like much of our team, I was recruited at a bar, with my only qualification being a recently acquired cyclocross bike. I said yes somewhere between a sip of booze and a bite of sausage.
IMG_1630.jpg
Photo by Arena Reed

No comments: