Monday, October 19, 2009

Rider Profiles: Krishna Dole

I met Krishna a few years ago on a group mountain bike ride. I fancy myself something of a climber, but I was lucky to stay on the same side of the mountain as Krishna. In addition to being one of the fastest guys around, Krishna is a proud new father. And yes, in his family, it's dad who wears the pink flowered onesie.


(photo by Flickr user dustinj)


1. Name:
Krishna Dole


2. What do you do for a living:
Software developer, working to accelerate the discovery of new drugs
(http://www.collaborativedrug.com).


3. What category or categories do you race in? How long have you been racing?
This is my second full season of racing, and I've been talked into racing A's in cyclocross this year, which should be a painful learning experience. In mountain biking I race Cat 1/Expert.

4. What's your best bike accomplishment, or the one you're most proud of?
Winning the last two Lake Sonoma races was nice, especially since Carlos at Bike Monkey is such a great guy.

5. What should people yell at you to make you go faster?
Pretty much anything. If it is nice I will feel loved and go faster. If it's not I will feel pissed and go faster.


6. What's your favorite post-race beverage.
I want to try Ted's Hefeweizenade.

7. What else should your fans know about you?
I make my own energy gel (currently working my way through a 50 lb sack of maltodextrin). You get to choose between hot cocoa mix or Kool-Aid flavor.

1 comment:

Slonie said...

I don't know if anybody noticed, but Krisha "unreformed mountain biker" Dole snuck into the Low Key Hillclimbs and ascended Old La Honda with a top-ten finish of 17:09!!!

He eats his Wheaties.