Saturday, October 10, 2009

Rider Profiles: Derrick Chao

Derrick's in his second year of racing with the team. He went through a spasm of bike wheeling and dealing this year which we hope left him with a bike that fits him!

1. Name:
Derrick Chao
2. What do you do for a living?
Strategy Analyst for a software company in Silicon Valley - in other words, a full-time nerd like most of my fellow self-respecting Moonies...
3. What category or categories do you race in? How long have you been
racing?
Men's B's - this is my second season racing (I've only been riding for a little over two years now). I'd consider dropping back into C's, but I wouldn't hear the end of it from Murphy! But really, I'm all about getting the most bang for buck out of my race reg fee...
4. What's your best bike accomplishment, or the one you're most proud
of?
5 laps solo at Coolest 8 hours at Boggs, 2009. Or maybe 3 laps in torrential, miserable rain at Coolest 8 hours of Cool... look ma, no brake pads!
5. What should people yell at you to make you go faster?
"That old man and junior only have like 30 seconds on you!"
6. What's your favorite post-race beverage?
Lagunitas IPA, obviously!
7. What else should your fans know about you?
Racing is my long-awaited excuse to finally let myself get into bed by 10pm on Friday and Saturday nights...

No comments: