Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Trail Work


DSC_4830
Originally uploaded by smithd71
There's a group that's formed recently in San Francisco called SF Urban Riders. The group is dedicated to the idea that recreational cyclists need a voice in the city. I can definitely get behind that!

This Saturday (and the first Saturday of every month), the group helped put together some trail-building and habitat-restoration work in the Mount Sutro recreation area. My girlfriend (and future Sheila Moon racer!) Kelleigh and I got up early and came to help out. It was really fun, and we were able to help build two new switchbacks, as well as shore up some of the more delicate parts of the already-existing trail.

I spent most of the day collecting and hauling rocks, as this picture demonstrates...

1 comment:

Jason said...

Sasha, call me if you're going to the next one! I want to help.