Saturday, January 31, 2009

Dates. Medjool that is...

Why is Emily putting up a posting about Dates, you might ask? In a show of sisterly support (and because I like dates!), I am using this entry to enter a recipe contest my sister is hosting on her blog: http://talesofexpansion.wordpress.com

Simple though this recipe is, I think I may have hit upon a tasty little calorie bomb that might be good for a hand-up or, for example, as a featured item on our race snack table at Boggs. Powdered sugar coated date, walnut, and butter balls; look for them at a race near you!

1 cup dates
1 cup walnuts
1 tbl butter
confectioners sugar

combine dates and butter in a food processor and blend until a paste forms. add walnuts and chop some more. form balls and coat with confectioners sugar. voila!






p.s. if you have a dates recipe enter the contest -- real quick like. it closes tomorrow night!

No comments: